- Norfolk Southern
- Pennsylvania Power & Light
- AK Steel
Final 2021 RailKing SW1500 Diesel Locomotives Announced
March 16, 2021 - M.T.H. Electric Trains will be releasing several limited-edition releases of the RailKing SW1500 diesel locomotive in four different liveries later this Summer. These unique releases are part of a series of products representing the last M.T.H. production runs as the company concludes its 40-year history this year. Each of these offerings is expected to arrive in August 2021.
The RailKing Scale model accurately reproduces the rugged — for a switcher — look of the SW1500, and delivers the same versatility and dependabilty as its prototype. Dual pickup rollers on its detailed Flexicoil trucks make this model nearly stall-proof on any three-rail O gauge switches. Throttle down as low as three scale miles per hour to muscle a heavy cut of freight or passenger cars around your terminal — and maintain that speed as long as you wish, thanks to Proto-Speed Control and twin flywheel-equipped motors. Negotiate crowded industrial areas with curves as tight as O-27, or hustle down your main line to the next town. Pick up and drop off cars wherever you like, with remotely activated front and rear Proto-Couplers. Our full-scale, fully featured model of this EMD workhorse offers everything you could want in a handsome, hard-working locomotive.
Check out each of the schemes in the list on the left.
- Intricately Detailed, Durable ABS Body
- Die-Cast Truck Sides, Pilots and Fuel Tank
- Metal Chassis
- Metal Handrails and Horn
- Authentic Paint Scheme
- Metal Wheels, Axles and Gears
- (2) Remote-Controlled Proto-Couplers
- Prototypical Rule 17 Lighting
- Directionally Controlled Constant Voltage LED Headlight
- (2) Precision Flywheel-Equipped Motors
- Onboard DCC/DCS Decoder
- Locomotive Speed Control In Scale MPH Increments
- 1:48 Scale Proportions
- Proto-Sound 3.0 With The Digital Command System Featuring Freight Yard Proto-Effects
- Unit Measures: 11 3/4” x 2 1/2” x 4”
- Operates On O-27 Curves